Location: Zoom (details to provided via email the day of the event) - will be recorded (in case you can not attend)
Date: January 9th, 2022
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Zoom Workshop Limited to 12 people
Are you looking for more balance in your life in 2022?
Are you interested in going deeper with your relationship with nature?
Are you curious about how the seasonal rhythm of nature impacts you?
Are you ready to connect to your own personal medicine for the seasons?
Life flows much better if we understand and follow the natural rhythms of nature. We are surrounded by these rhythms. They are simple, yet powerful, practical and meaningful. Yet most of us ignore them and go against their flow – like swimming upstream - which results in stress and anxiety. Animals and plants consistently and instinctually follow its natural rhythms of seasons, moon cycles, and daily energies. But because humans have choice and too often unconsciously react to old patterns, we tend to burn the candle at both ends and are out of synch with basic natural flows like the yin and yang, and ebb and flow of life.
Join me in January as we build an apothecary based on the Early Winter season of the Celtic Calendar.
January Theme – Rest and Renewal
Ancient wisdom tells us that winter is a time for rest and renewal. But in our culture, we turn on the lights, turn up the heat, get some caffeine and keep on moving.
What is the consequence to having no winter in our lives?
And what are rest and renewal anyway?
Listen to the lessons of the seasons and learn how to create your own magical apothecary for the season of Early Winter
Instead of living life in linear time, what might it feel like to live life connected to the rhythms of nature? In the January workshop, we will explore the Early Winter cyclical season of the Celtic Calendar (Dec 21 – Jan 31) and look at how the rhythm of nature reminds us to balance our lives by making time for rest and renewal. This workshop invites you to reconnect to rhythm of rest and renewal through plant, animal, and crystal medicine and create your own intuitive collage cards to represent the energy of the season.
What To Expect:
- An opening circle.
- A grounding meditation and breathing exercise to help participants find a grounded, restful, and intuitive state of awareness.
- An exploration of the Celtic calendar related to the rhythm of the Early Winter season and its effect on the body and mind.
- A discussion around crystal, plant, and animal medicine of the Early Winter season.
- A 30-minute sound bath to restore your connection to the natural world and to the season.
- An opportunity to develop intuitive cards that represent what Early Winter and Rest/Renewal means to you.
- Small group conversation.
- A closing circle.
What to Bring:
- Yoga mat/blanket/props for Sound Bath.
- Journal and pen.
- Magazines, glue, scissors, paper to make collage cards
- Your sense of adventure and curiosity.
Who this workshop is for:
People looking for an afternoon of….
- Self-care, alternative medicine, connection, and community
Who this workshop isn’t for:
- People who are not interested in or open to alternative forms of self-care (Sound baths, crystals, plants, shamanism)